lundi 13 septembre 2010
Hello my lovelies (:
Here is a new EOTD. Today, I did this '' CLASSIC '' smokey-eye for you :) It's very simple, easy and fast to do, TRUST ME :) All you gotta do is get your favorite eyeshadows out and START colorring :)
Products used :
- UDPP, as always :P
No base used today, but you can always add one for more color pop :)
- Aveda's shadow plus vitamins eye shadow in COBALT. It's just and amazing dark blue-gray, steel-grey color :) It's AMAAAZZIINGLY PIGMENTED ! I put that color all over my lid. If it's too dark for you, just take any lighter E/S and VOILA :)
- Sephora's eye shadow in Aspen Summit number 23. This is a nice frosty, satin white color :) I put it on my inner corners. When you use darker colors like i did, putting a whiter color on you inner corners, makes you look LESS like a racoon and makes your eyes POP even more :)
- Cover Girl's Brown Smolder Eyeshadow a little above the crease to warm the look up a little :)
- WNW matte black eyeshadow on my outer Vs :)
- Mascara. Put whateveeerrrr you want :) You can also add falsies ( that's what I would do If I was going out ).
And BLEEENNNDDD PLEASSEE ::) You'll need to blend a lot ;) But, don't OVER do-it, otherwise your colors will look muddy and stuff :( EW!
That's it my girlies :) I hope you've enjoyed this look. MANY MORE IS TO COME :) I know I have been MIA for SOOOO frking long. BUT I'M BACK NOW !! :)
samedi 17 juillet 2010
I'm really sorry (L)
vendredi 2 juillet 2010
It's that time of the month again :) but unfortunately, I don't have much to show this month. It's mainly because I don't really wear a lot of make-up in summer :( Sorry guys :( Booh !
Let's get started :
1. Nivea's Hydro Care Lip Balm :
I love it ! It makes my lips so soft and moisturized and ready for the next favorite ;)
2. WnW's Mega Last Lip Color in Just Peachy 903C :
3. N.Y.C. Lip sliders Tinted Lip Balm in Sugar Coated 509A :
When I Heard Hollyannaeree talk about it on YT, I felt the need to have it 2 (We have pretty much the same make-up tastes, so when she likes something, usually I like it too ^^ ) And I LOVE IT. It does what it's supposed to. It moisturizes your lips and gives you a sheer but nice wash of color. You can wear it by itself or over a L/S. It's up to you :) I also have it in SUGAR KISS, which I love 2.
4. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in 01 Blackest Black :
5. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express in Glam Black :
6. Lacoste Inspiration Perfume :
That's it you guys :)
Have you tried any of the products mentioned ? If yes, tell me if you like them or not and why ^^ Your comments are extremely appreciated & I wish you a very good month of July !
I hope you like this look :) If you have any ideas or suggestions, please share them with me :)
lundi 28 juin 2010
If you're interested, in this brown smokey-eye, keep reading :)
Step 1: Base
Step 2: Lid Color
Take any flat eye-shadow brush and put the CREASE COLOR of the quad on your lid. Yes, I'm not following their instructions. Shame one me ^^
Step 3: Crease
Take any brush you're comfortable with and put the LID COLOR of the quad into the crease. Personally, I wouldn't use any brush that is stiff because we're doing a day-time look, but if you're going for a night-time look, you can definitely take a stiffer brush and define the crease a lot more.
As you can probably notice on the picture below, I drew a drastic crease line. I drew it for those of you, who are still struggling with finding it. The crease is basically the socket of your eye. Close one eye and take a brush. Then, GENTLY poke your eye. Where you feel a socket, that's your crease. Normally...
& I blended everything of COURSE :)
Step 4: Highlight
Take any angled shading brush and put the Brow Bone Color of the quad on your brow bone. I tried to take a picture, but the color wasn't showing and I got pissed. So, I continued haha.
Step 5: Outer Corner
Take a pencil brush, or whatever brush you feel you're comfortable with, and take the darkest color of the quad. Draw a LIGHT outer v or outer corner or outer edge. ( However you call it ^^ ) Keep in mind that this is a day-time look, so you don't want it too intense.
Step 6: Final Touches
Take the same outer corner color you put on you lid earlier and put it on the outer 2/3 of your lower lash line. Then, take the lid color and put it on 1/3 of your lower lash line. After that, curl your lashes and put some mascara on :)
If you're wondering why the lighting is different from picture to picture, well it's because of my mischievous friend the Sun, who is playing hide & seek behind the clouds.
vendredi 25 juin 2010
Today I wanted to share with you my skin care regimen.
Having good skin is 10028409652349853 times more important than having nice make-up on because make-up is like painting. You have to start with a nice bare canvas and only then, you'll be able to do the most gorgeous masterpieces ever :) I know that because I used to have really bad acne. When I used to look at my skin in the mirror, I remember how I always wanted to cry. It was horrible. Then, some day, I decided to go see a dermatologist, she gave me pills and told me that it was hormonal. However, it was sort of too late. Acne had already made its damages. It was too late because it took me around 2 years to decide that I wanted to visit the dermatologist. (STUPID ME) Why is 2 years too late ? Well, you need to attack acne as soon as you see it. Don't let it settle down. (I'm sure you know what I mean) & that's exactly what happened to me. My acne had become worse and worse and worse. My face was red and full of pimples. Now, thank God, the acne is completely gone. But, the scars remained. (that's the worst part of acne). That's why you need to treat acne as soon as you notice it. Don't wait too long because it's really HARD to erase that mistake and erase scars. It took me 2 years to erase that "waiting" mistake I did. Actually, it's still not completely gone. I still have acne scars on my forehead, mainly in between my eyebrows :( I'll probably go see a doctor and see if I can do microdermabrasion to get rid of them. I want to get rid of the scars before they get too old. Grrr. You don't want your scars to be too old, because those are the most stubborn & they don't wanna leave. Trust me.
My skin care regimen:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them :) and also, keep in mind that every skin is UNIQUE, so if something worked for me, It might not for you and vice versa . Also, if you have any suggestions about toners, PLEASE SHARE ! ^^
mercredi 23 juin 2010
Normally, I would wear falsies with this type of look, but since I have no talent in make-up photo taking, I didn't put them. Why ? Well, I feel like they sort of hide the makeup. I don't know :( Anyways, tell me what are your thoughts about this look :) And If you have any tips for make-up photos, please share them ^^ !
mardi 15 juin 2010
I picked up a sample of this concealer in '' light'' a week ago (they had only the light one left, but I still wanted to try it) & I don’t know where to start. Maybe with DON’T BUY THIS GUYS :S. This concealer is so wrong on so many levels! First of all, what stands out the most is the hideous smell. Usually, I don't freak out when something smells a bit different, I'm not that type of person, but this smell, I just couldn't stand it. I don't know what kind of smell is going on here, but it STINKS LIKE HELL. It smells like something herbal, chemical and disgusting. HATE IT. Then, there is the color that, at first, is really OFF. It's freaking ORANGE.
When I saw the color, I felt like running away. YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME THAT THIS IS LIGHT ? ... But, I decided to read some reviews instead, and some people said that you need to continue to rub and eventually It will lighten up. That's what I did. It didnt get any better. Look:
Yes, the freaking color is still orange, but now it's more of a pinky orange. I don't know... It Did get lighter though, eventually after rubbing and rubbing :), but still, I'm not looking for a pinky concealer!! HELLO! They say that it's perfect for yellow skin tones. Ehmmm. NO, Not at all. There's a line between pink and yellow.
However, there are some positive aspects to this product. It blends easily and it doesn't set into fine lines. It dries into a matte finish and the skin feels soft afterward. And it has good coverage, BUT THAT DAMN SMELL STAYS ON. Who does that? Who wants their concealers to stink? AGHH! DO SOMETHING COVER FX!
I don't know guys, but if I was you, I wouldn't spend 30$ on an orange concealer. Buy Bobbi Brown instead ! It's even cheaper. Maybe it's just this particular color ? I'll definitely try the other ones. Thank God, It was only a sample. If in any case you are interested in this product, you can find it at Sephora or Shopper's Drug Mart :)
Anyways, I wanted to know if some of you have tried this concealer? Did it work for you? How on earth can you live with the smell ?
jeudi 10 juin 2010
Here's just a quick review on an eye shadow palette that I bought a couple of months ago. It's the Wet n wild palette in Greed.
This picture comes from here :) (I am lazzyy ^^)
Overall: 2 out of 5 :( or actually 2.5/6 hehe ^^
Packaging: 5/5 What can I say ?
Price: 5$ :)
Size: 0.25 oz/ 7 g
Would you buy this again: Never :)
Recommended: No. Maybe for the black, ... but no. NO!
That's all :) See you guys really soon :)
Have you tried their palettes ? This one ? Did you like it ? No ? why ? :)
Because earlier today, I was watching T.V. and they were showing some beautiful flowers with amazing colors, so I decided to google some pictures for inspiration and I found these purple ones :) ( If someone knows their name, please let met know ^^) So, I came up with this look :) & Let me know your thoughts on this look ^^
These 2 pics were taken with outdoors lightning :)
This picture was taken in my bathroom. Man I hate the light in there. The color appears like a purple pink in the bathroom ! By the way, sorry about the next one. It's kinda bluuurrry :(
This tutorial is also for my sister-in-law-to-become :P who just ordered the 88 shimmer palette and I wanted to show her what looks she could do with it :) Actually, I used the 88 matte, but the colors are the same anyways :) I love these palettes. Their great to play around with color :)
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara
- 88 Matte palette :)
Lid: highest purple on the right side. Used on 2 third of the lid.
Crease: a bit of that dark purple on the bottom
Outer V: dark purple
outer 2 third of the bottom lash line: that same dark purple
Inner third of the eye & first third of the bottom lash line: you could use the white shown on the picture, but I didn't use that one. I used a matte white from E.L.F.
That's it you guys :) I hope you liked it :) Leave comments, I appreciate it ^^
lundi 7 juin 2010
Overall: 5/5. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.
Packaging: 4/5. It's because of the pump problem I Had, but it happened just once, so not to worry about.
Price: 14$ in Walmarts. I know that in other places, this cream is like 20$.
Size: 0,51 OZ/ 15 mL
Would you buy this again? Definitely will.
Recommended? Yes, to anyone between 18-25 :)
I know, the picture is super blurry :( But, it's the only one that I have that is close to BEFORE :(
So yeah, this is after a month. I am aware that this eye is 10 times prettier because of the mascara and the eyebrows :) but forget about it hehe ;)
vendredi 4 juin 2010
You will need :
- White pencil
- Eyebrow Pencil (Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Medium Brown)
- Brow Powder (NYC)
- Liner Brush ( I'm using Ecotools one)
- Spoolie Brush
1. If this is the first time you're doing your eyebrows, use the white line trick to indicate you where to start them and where to end them. If you're like : "What the hell is she talking about?! What white-line trick ?!" well, here is a blog that explains it all at number 3 :). http://lastlooksblog.com/beauty-tips-tricks/how-to-shape-the-perfect-eyebrow/. ( Lazy? DUH! ) But, since I'm used to do my eyebrows, I don't do that anymore. (Actually, I never did haha) :) But, I do it on other people to show them how they're going to look like, etc.
2. Pluck whatever is under or over or next to that white line :) DON'T GO INSIDE THAT LINE ! Again, everything depends on what look you are going for. BE CAREFULL TO NOT OVER-PLUCK PLEAAAAASSEE ! This is the most COMMON mistake, us woman do. OVER-PLUCKING! It's better to leave them unplucked than ending up with just a line. EWW! (sorry, I'm getting emotional!)
Here, you can see how ugly my natural eyebrows are (:
In the pictures to come, you will notice that I didn't pluck my eyebrows. Why ? It's because I want to let them grow for the summer :) I want bigger eyebrows. At some point they were ''big'' , but I don't know, something happened. I Guess, I plucked more some days and TADAM ... thin eyebrows :(
3. Take a spoolie and brush them up. If you see any TOO long hair, cut it with small scissors. That way, your brows will stay in place and this will also help you to shape them. You can also brush them down and cut whatever is long, but I don't do that because sometimes you can OVER-CUT them and it's just not very appealing. ( I prefer bushier brows anyways)
4. Take any brow pencil that matches your hair color (A bit litter is always better than TOO dark!) and shade in VERY LIGHTLY the bottom and/or the top of your eyebrows. Why and/or the top? Well, it depends again haha! If you want them THICKER, you should line the top too. If you don't want them as thick, just line the bottom. Personally, I do both, it depends on my makeup. If I go out and wear more makeup, I will most likely make my eyebrows bigger. If It's everyday makeup, well I probably won't. You shade in your eyebrows to create an illusion of perfectly shaped eyebrows. They look cleaner.
5. Take any brown eyeshadow or brow powder (with COOL undertones por favor that obviously matches your hair color) and fill in your eyebrows with gentle and small strokes. Why? Well, by doing that, you somewhat fake hair! Also, make sure to start at the middle of your eyebrow and slowly make your way to the front. Why? Because you don't want too much product at the beginning of your eyebrow. It doesn't look natural at all. (Unless you are going for that look). Also, make sure that you use your spoolie after being done filling them in. By using a spoolie, you make sure the color is somewhat blended & you erase any harsh lines, and again, it looks more natural. By the way, I'm using NYC Brow Kit.
Tips & Tricks :
- If you're not sure about what you are doing, STOP IT, NOW! Ask mother, sister or friend to help you out. Ask anyone who knows what they are doing. It's better to ask for help, than ruining your face :( If no one, close to you, knows how to do eyebrows, ask for professional help :)
- Always follow your natural brow shape. Don't force them to look like something they are not supposed to. It's just going to look hella fake :) and not good at all !
- CAREFUL ! please. Don't over-pluck. If necessary, step back and look at you. If you're hesitating to pluck a hair, don't pluck it. If your not sure if it needs to go or not, most chances are that it needs to stay :)
- Have fun ^^
This woman has the most perfect eyebrows. Oh Goodness.
I hope you've enjoyed this and if you have any questions regarding this eyebrow tutorial, ASK :)
Talk to you soon guys,